Personal Information Collection Statement
The FinTech Association of Hong Kong Limited (“FTAHK”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through the adoption of this personal information collection statement (“Personal Information Collection Statement”). It guides and governs how we collect, store, transfer, process and use the Personal Data(as defined hereinafter) collected about you. Please read this carefully to understand our policies and practices as set out in this Personal Information Collection Statement regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it (the “Policy”). If you do not agree with our Policy, do not enter your Personal Dataor register to receive communication from us via FTAHK and FTAHK’s website (“Website”). This Policy may, in our sole discretion, be updated, modified, and changed from time to time. Your continued use of the Website after we make such updates, modifications, and changes is deemed to be acceptance of such, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
In this document, “we”, “our”, “FTAHK” or “us” refers to FinTech Association of Hong Kong Limited.
Purpose of collecting personal data
We collect and use your personal data:
- to process your membership application or renewal;
- to verify your identity;
- for direct marketing purposes to send you information, newsletters and other materials about us and event invitations both in print and in electronic form (see “Direct marketing” below);
- to make your Personal Data available to other members of FTAHK to facilitate networking among members (see “Direct marketing” below);
- to collate data and prepare reports on our operations;
- to process billing and payment, to determine amounts outstanding, and, if necessary, to collect outstanding payments;
- to liaise with organisations or entities with similar objectives to our organisation;
- to liaise with Government departments and agencies in Hong Kong**
- to communicate with you regarding your membership and assist with your queries;
- to promote the interests, or otherwise furthering our objectives; and
- to make such disclosures as required by applicable laws.
While the supply of your Personal Data is voluntary, if you choose not to provide your Personal Data to us, we may not be able to provide you with the information or our services you require.
We intend to use your name, mailing address, phone numbers and email address for direct marketing purposes to send you information, newsletters and other materials about us and event invitations. We cannot use your Personal Data for direct marketing without your consent (or indication of no objection). If you consider this use of your Personal Data unacceptable, please indicate your objection by emailing email@example.com.
We intend to display your photograph, name, company and contact details (phone numbers and email address) on our Website’s members’ area. Only FTAHK members have access to the members’ area. Other FTAHK members may view your Personal Data and use them to contact you for purposes including direct marketing. We cannot display your Personal Data without your consent (or indication of no objection). If you consider this use of your Personal Data unacceptable, please indicate your objection by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of personal data we collect:
We collect the following types of personal data (collectively, the “Personal Data”):
- personal contact information such as your photograph, name, telephone number, fax number, email address and mailing address; and
- work-related information such as job title, name of company and nature of business.
Transfer or disclosure of personal data:
We will not transfer, sell or trade your Personal Data to third parties except the specific classes of data transferees listed in this paragraph. Personal Data collected and held by us will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for us to (a) comply with statutory or legal obligations or requirements, or (b) provide services to you, or (c) carry out the original purposes, or a directly related purpose specified above, for which the Personal Data were collected, those Personal Data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- other members of FTAHK (see “Direct marketing” above); and
- competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, Office of the Communications Authority or other governmental, statutory or regulatory authorities, institutions or organizations.
Some of the persons to whom we disclose personal data may be situated outside Hong Kong.
Use of Personal Data in Legal Proceedings
If it becomes necessary that we have to take action against you for any reason whatsoever including recovering from you any money you owe us, you expressly agree that the Personal Data provided by you can be relied upon in identifying and taking legal action against you.
Access, correction and queries:
You have the right to request access to and the correction of your Personal Data held by us. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for complying with your data access request. When you request access, we may need to take measures to verify your identity. If you wish to exercise such rights or if you have any query in relation to this Personal Information Collection Statement, please contact:
The Board Members,
FinTech Association of Hong Kong Limited
Retention of Data
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected. Personal Data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
We will not retain your Personal Data if you request us to terminate your membership with FTAHK. In the case of termination, we will erase your Personal Data as soon as practicable after we are no longer obliged to retain such Personal Data by law.
This Personal Information Collection Statement is subject to change. Any changes will be posted on the Website of FTAHK.